Most of us think we can get away with not taking care of ourselves today, because we think that we will do it tomorrow. Come tomorrow and we are all set with yet another excuse and we put our health off for yet another day.
It should not be a secret that children as well as adults need role models and find a way to mirror them in their everyday approaches to life’s challenges and activities.
We all need to look at our current lifestyle and ask ourselves a few questions which will enrich our health and the health of our families.
- Is your lifestyle healthy? If no, what can you do to improve it?
- Do you smoke and drink in excess? Do you know the health implications?
- Do you feel “blue” most days and have lost interest in things you used to once enjoy?
- Are you impatient and get angry quickly?
- Do you eat from the five food groups? Do you encourage your family to do the same?
- Do you know what portions you and your family should be eating and your daily caloric intake?
- Do you exercise a minimum of 3 times a week for 30 minutes and walk 10,000 steps a day and encourage your family to do the same?
- Do you take at least 15 minutes, each day, for yourself?
- Do you know stress management techniques to use when you feel your face getting red or your heart racing?
- Does your family consider you a good example for them?
Your lifestyle does affect your mental, physical and financial health.
Decide to Invest in Yourself!
Recognize that you are an important role model for the people around you on a daily basis. You living a healthy lifestyle and practicing what you preach will generate wonderful results around you, leading to a healthier you and a healthier world.